"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

Every Opportunity

Interested in my adventures in homeschooling, my research and experimentation with natural/frugal living and the things God has been teaching me lately? Visit me here at Every Opportunity



How Old is Amelia?

How Old is Joshua?

How Old is Lydia?

How Old is Joseph?

How Old is Benjamin?

How Old is Evangeline?

9.07.2015

First Day of School!

I realized I haven't posted too much about our school so I decided to start especially since this is technically Amelia's first year of "Kindergarten" since her October birthday misses her by the cutoff by 1 day!! That's the joy of homeschooling... I just meet her where she's at academically instead of what her birthday says!

First day of Kindergarten! 5 Years old!
First day of Preschool! 3 Years old!
First day of "I sit at the table to do 'kool' with my brother and sister for 5 mins. then I get bored and play with toys by myself without my brother and sister taking them from me!" 2 Years old!
And just a joy of homeschooling... getting to snuggle with the littlest!
I impulse bought this adorable desk for $20 at a garage sale over the summer! We have talked about getting her some sort of desk for either her room or down here for awhile but I just couldn't quite make a commitment to anything. I saw this and thought it was perfect! She loved it! It fits perfectly in this spot and matches the decor of the dining/school/playroom so well!
It has little cubbies inside that she has decorated : )
Josh hangs out with me at the dinner table
And Lydia will sit quietly and work on some various different activities... I tried to get her some educational fun games so here she is doing an alphabet puzzle from the dollar store!
Oh here sister... I know my alphabet let me help you!
This is what I LOVE about homeschooling... the sibling interaction! It is the sweetest thing to see your children interact so lovingly together and to see the older ones help the younger ones!
Some days I set out all her "toddler" toys and she just circulates around the table playing!
And very infrequently I will put on a Baby Einstein show for her to watch quietly
Everyone wearing their craft project for the day...
... bunny ears for a lesson on attentiveness...
... you need to open your ears big in order to hear well when someone is talking!
Since we were blessed to receive a free piano this summer (thank you Katey!!!!!!) I am going to attempt to teach some piano to the kiddos... we'll see how it goes!
Whether it's a success or not at least I got cute pictures and in their swimsuits nontheless!
Here's another cute craft/lesson we did when we studied Egypt and Mummies and then took a trip to the museum to check out their Egypt exhibit
Adam and I thought this was hilarious coming from the girl who could sleep 6 hours a night and stay up until midnight if she wanted!
Amelia drew and colored this at her Home School Academy class!
And Josh drew this! Can you tell what it is? A football player with a helmet on and his jersey! 
And here's what a typical day looks like at the end of school! (This was at the end of a day before the summer when we didn't have the piano and desk there)


The amazing thing about being in a city is most of the school districts offer a homeschool program. You can pick whatever district you want. I signed Amelia up for a one day a week arts based school day. She goes for a full day with lunch and recess with 15 other kiddos who are homeschooled. They are taught just like in a regular classroom and she absolutely loves it. It is the perfect bonus to help her feel like she goes to "real" school but we still get all the benefits and blessing of homeschooling!
 Here she is walking to the main entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment