"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

Every Opportunity

Interested in my adventures in homeschooling, my research and experimentation with natural/frugal living and the things God has been teaching me lately? Visit me here at Every Opportunity



How Old is Amelia?

How Old is Joshua?

How Old is Lydia?

How Old is Joseph?

How Old is Benjamin?

How Old is Evangeline?

7.01.2012

Great-Grandpa Fischer

So my computer was out of comission for a couple of weeks so I was unable to finish my Portland pictures (yes from the trip I took there in May haha!). So I will quickly finish these last 2 posts for Portland so we can move forward with our lives in the blogosphere : )

My mom, the kiddos and I made a trip down to Oakridge, Oregon to visit my Grandpa who is the kiddos only Great-Grandpa alive today! AND the kiddos only Grandparent on my side of the family that is alive today (my mom's parents died when I was 12 and my dad's mom died 4 years ago). This was their first time meeting their Great-Grandpa and it was just a neat and wonderful trip down to see him.

And here he is... my Grandpa Fischer... in his standard outfit, his plaid button up collard shirt with a breast pocket always equipped with 2 or more pens and a small pad of paper just in case anyone needs to write anything down : ) And on his lap is my mom's beloved Lexy
 He lives right across the street from a beautiful river so we took a nature walk over there. We debated for about an hour on taking the walk because it was raining so hard... then it would stop and by sunny for 2 full minutes so we got our jackets and umbrellas and as we started to head out it started raining again : ) oh Oregon how I've missed you!
 Here is a small idea of the lushness of Oregon's backyards...
 Our little cutie with her umbrella
 Meema with the kiddos... Josh clearly finds Amelia amusing!
 And here I am with the kiddos and their Great-Grandpa and his wife of 2 years Dorothy who is such a sweetheart and I am so glad the 2 of them met both as widows in their last stage of life so they can experience some life together with companionship!

No comments:

Post a Comment