Anybody wondering where we've been the past 2 months? Probably not : ) but if so... other than having a baby we packed up and moved to Alamosa! We found a wonderful condo to rent and after having half our stuff in boxes for the past 14 months we made stops from my dad's garage in Arizona to our storage unit in South Fork to Adam's parent's garage in Monte Vista and collected all our boxes and have spent the past 3 weeks unpacking and settling in to our new home!!!!! We have a home!!! We feel so blessed to finally land in one spot and know we'll be here for awhile. So... here are pictures of the new place!
Here is the outside... we are the corner unit of a 4 unit condo building... there's a great patio off the first floor and a balcony off the master upstairs and the garage is at the back of the condo.
Front door
View from the front door... I'm still working on the corner picture frames they are too small and are driving me crazy! Also, we zip tied some bamboo sticks between the stairwell slats to prevent any little kiddos from falling through (they're not quite done in this picture here but you get the idea)
Other view of the living room... including our models : ) and the beautiful pink curtains courtesy of the 1979 builders!
Next to the living room is the dining room to include our new beautiful garage sale table find! It beats our folding table we used in South Fork last summer!
Headed into the kitchen (do you like the blue chair rails?)
Kitchen
My $8 problem solver... they built in a great under the cabinet light and connected it to a light switch but didn't bother to make it look nice so all you see behind the brown curtain is an ugly utility light... I created this idea at Wal-Mart for $8 and am so happy with the results!
My absolute most favorite part of this condo... the playroom/schoolroom/office/nursing room/everything leftover room!!!! This is past the stairs and the living room towards the back of the first level. We use this room for EVERYTHING! and spend all day every day here : ) I don't know what I would do without this room! I never imagined this would be a part of a house we'd ever live in and I feel so blessed that God brought us to this condo for this room alone!!! This is now a requirement for every place we live!
The office side of the room (plus Tinka's room there in the corner!)
Our first day of learning time here in the room... I love the view out of the window with the big trees right outside : )
Joshie exploring some soft blocks
Amelia practicing her cutting!
Included in this everything favorite room is a full bathroom with a shower and this is where the laundry room is... I thought this was so weird when we first looked at the condo but I love having this shower down here! I can shower in the middle of the day while the kiddos play right outside and Lydia is sleeping upstairs... I can also work on laundry while they play... it's so perfect! (Like the wallpaper? I didn't get a close up but the border at the top are teddy bears... 1980's anyone?!?!)
Next we head upstairs where the first room you see is the kids/guest bathroom
Next to that is our lovely bedroom complete with a leaf wallpaper border : ) P.S. I was so thrilled to remove all my books out of their boxes that I hadn't seen for 14 months... it was like shopping for free!!!! And I love our little "library" section of our bedroom... it's a great precursor for someday when I have a full library wall in our home : ) Also the door in our bedroom faces the sunrise... when we leave the door open all the way and it's like 60 degrees in our room with the sun rising it feels just like camping!!! Oh my goodness... I love waking up to that!!!
Other view of our bedroom and Lydia's temporary room next to my side of the bed : )
Then we head to Joshie's room with my other amazing thrift store $60 find! His crib and mattress : )
Other view of his room and yet again another amazing find... this dresser/changing table off Craigslist for $50!! I love used deals!!!
I'm not to thrilled with the decorative process of his room... there is so much empty wall space since he doesn't have a closet and there's only one window that I'm overwhelmed with how to make it look good and keep a good balance of not cluttered but not empty!
Reading books before bed!
Makeshift ball pit : )
And lastly we head to the floral girl's room! Whew is that wallpaper intense! I must admit it is growing on me : )
Amelia's little section of the room... you can't tell because of the wallpaper but her name is above her bed in her wooden letters
Here's my library bookshelf... it just happens to be in the wrong room! Can you believe this intense bookshelf that's mounted to the wall! Again... I was overwhelmed with how to decorate this section so...
... I picked a few shelves to be the decorative section and am getting over my need to control the way my kids rooms look and am letting her have free reign over the bottom 3 shelves for her toys and books
We have a great view out the front door... we're at a cul-de-sac so the only people who come down here are the people who live here, the mailman and the garbage truck : ) It's so nice and quiet and SAFE for the kiddos! The trees in the background line #15 fairway at Cattails golf course and in between those trees and the grassy field that Adam and the kiddos are walking on is the Rio Grande River!
Here we are exploring the river right by our house! Don't you just love Colorado!!!
Tanko is in Colorado heaven instead of Arizona he_ _ ... you get the point : )
Love this picture!

















No comments:
Post a Comment