Pikes Peak with a view of Colorado Springs and Garden of the Gods

It's amazing to me how a simple smell can bring back so many memories. Today I was outside the drive thru window at Starbucks (I have a new appreciation for drive thrus now that I have Amelia since I don't have to go through the hassle of unbuckling her car seat and taking her in somewhere hoping she doesn't wake up and start crying) and as the barista opened the drive thru window the sweet sweet (some might say bitter) aroma of the Starbucks interior came shooting out and pleasantly filled my car for a moment and within a second I was back in Colorado Springs all bundled up because it was winter time and sitting inside the Starbucks on Garden of the Gods studying for a nursing test with all my buddies. I never thought I'd say it but man do I miss those days. I miss you... my friends in Colorado and I miss Colorado so much. My homesickness for Colorado gets worse this time of the year as the winter nears and I wish so badly to experience the thrill of the snowstorms. The thrill that seems so easily to welcome Christmastime... a thrill that among the cactuses and scorpions just doesn't seem to bring the same sensations. I miss bundling up with my sweatshirt, thick socks, warm blanket next to a fire inside our home, drinking hot tea and watching the big snowflakes land outside my window. Some might wish so badly that it would be 86 degrees in November where they live but for me... I am a cold weather person! I cherish every moment we are back in Colorado Springs and pretend each second that as I drive around we are back there living again. I still am confident that God wants us here in Arizona at this time in our life and only He knows for how long. Until we make it back I will thankfully embrace my memories and welcome the sweet surprise when a simple scent takes me back to my favorite place in all the world.
Our favorite place to camp near Buena Vista
Our Tanko as a little puppy (4 months old) LOVE LOVE LOVES the snow!
Standing outside a snow drift at our first apt. (are those cinnamon rolls you're carrying?)
Our favorite place to hike just 10 minutes away from our house... hey Joey!
Shoveling snow outside Adam's parents house at Christmas
I miss these cold days!













aw, this post hast me nostalgic for Colorado too! but i know that we're fortunate - Utah hasn't received any cold weather yet (nothing below the 60's beyond one day of a slight dusting of snow), but i at least i know we will be in the snow soon enough! Landon applied to a PhD program in Phoenix and i was crossing my fingers that he would keep us out of Arizona - i coudn't imagine my life without fall and winter! I am so amazed at your wonderful attitude and trust in God, i'm not sure i could be so strong! Have fun in the fair weather, my dear! At least you won't have to bundle up little Amelia every day!
ReplyDeleteWell Colorado misses you guys too! Well, maybe not the whole state, but I definitely do! One day, maybe God will bring you all home to CO. I pray He does!
ReplyDeletewow this post made me homesick as well. DREA quit it!! : ) ha
ReplyDelete