"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

Every Opportunity

Interested in my adventures in homeschooling, my research and experimentation with natural/frugal living and the things God has been teaching me lately? Visit me here at Every Opportunity



How Old is Amelia?

How Old is Joshua?

How Old is Lydia?

How Old is Joseph?

How Old is Benjamin?

How Old is Evangeline?

11.13.2008

Cooler Weather

While I keep waiting for the temperatures to drop drastically here in the desert... I guess I can just settle for a mild drop to the days staying in the high 70's and high 80's. The nights have been pleasant and it actually feels like crisp fall days : ) Although... there are no trees to watch the leaves turn the beautiful colors the aspens turn in Colorado. I don't think Cactus prickles turn any colors : )

I have been working the night shift for 2 weeks now and it has been quite an adjustment. 7 PM - 7:30AM... how very interesting. I like the pace of the shifts better as I actually have time to sit down and think about what I'm doing as opposed to the busyness of the day shifts with physical therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, speech pathologists, not to mention the 5 doctors that have been consulted for each patient... the incoming visitors seem endless... and the nurse is the go-to person for each of their questions that of course I never know the answer for and spend a good 15-20 mins. trying to find out for them. So with my third or fourth cup of coffee I lift up a toast to the night shift and sit in front of the computer to chart and hope my eyelids won't remain shut for longer than 1 minute flat.

We finally found a home church! We have been attending Superstition Springs Community Church for a little over a month now and are so excited to make a commitment to getting involved there. They have such a great outward vision towards helping those directly in our community as well as worldwide in places such as Africa and Fiji. We also joined a married couples small group that meets on Thursday nights. We started in at the beginning of a new study... The Secrets of the Vine by, Bruce Wilkinson. It is teaching more in depth about John 15 and what it means to really abide in Christ. It has been a great study and just really fun for Adam and I to go through it together. I am very excited to get involved in some of the women's ministry studies as they start new after the holidays. And... we may get involved in some of the student ministries as they have rapidly growing high school and college groups. We feel so blessed to be a part of this body of believers and cannot wait to begin and develop friendships with those who will become our core here in Arizona.

We have been very homesick for Colorado as the days keep passing and we miss our friends and family a lot. I personally have missed the transition to the cold weather, the leaves changing, the first snow, pulling out my winter sweaters, beanie hats, scarves and of course MY JACKETS!!! I have thought about bringing them out on the nights here where it's dropped to 55... I mean, 55 is cold right? But we continue finding the small joys of living here in the desert (a good excuse to eat ice cream year round!) and we continue pressing forward in this journey of professional golf.

We are still in the exploratory stage of golf finding out different ways to finance this process and different connections we can find and fishing through what seems to be hundreds of different golf courses in our surrounding areas. God will provide and lead us in the direction He has had planned out for Adam for a long time.

We miss you all incredibly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment