"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5

Every Opportunity

Interested in my adventures in homeschooling, my research and experimentation with natural/frugal living and the things God has been teaching me lately? Visit me here at Every Opportunity



How Old is Amelia?

How Old is Joshua?

How Old is Lydia?

How Old is Joseph?

How Old is Benjamin?

How Old is Evangeline?

6.18.2006

Who is Serbia?

I wanted to give some information about the country and people of Serbia for those who have not been on our e-mail lists the previous 2 summers. The people here are wonderful. Everyone we meet (younger population) speaks pretty well English. They love to hear from Americans. The second they find out we're from America their faces light up simply because they are getting for the first time an opportunity to speak English with a real American. It's unbelievable the limited resources that are over here. They speak of America as the "dreamland", the place they wish they could go but will probably never get there and so they are always just dreaming about it. We take advantage of what we have so much. The more I reflect on this the more I see what a blessing it is to have come here to experience this over and over again. I wish everyone could experience life in a different culture just to know how incredibly blessed we are in America. It's amazing to me too how many different things God teaches me when I'm over here. We're here doing ministry but He has a way of opening our eyes up to see so much about the things around us and who we really are as people ourselves, it's a beautiful thing. The people here are so relaxed and they sit at cafes for hours just drinking coffee and hanging out, there's parks everywhere with tons of benches that are constantly filled with people taking longggg breaks in the middle of their day. And people walk EVERYWHERE, there's cardboard boxes lined up on the sides of the steets where you walk and people have jewelry, clothes, umbrellas, picture frames, purses, everything they could think of to make and sell for a living just lined up back to back and Serbians stopping to adore all of the things. It's such a different lifestyle... if people tried to sell things in the middle of the street in America they would surely need a permit and have to purchase that piece of land to be able to sell on... it's crazy! I'll leave it to that now and you can imagine what the rest of it must be like in your imaginations. I hope you've enjoyed learning a little about who Serbia is...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You guys have a blog. I don't feel so alone in the internet anymore. I can't wait to hear everything God has in store for you this summer. Blessings! ~EShay

    ReplyDelete